• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Footpeg compatability 1150RT

Olsensan

No long ago I was riding my 2002 1150RT and it was raining. After stopping and later getting back on board I need to use the foot peg to climb on but being wet, I ended up on my butt slipping off the peg. Although these stock pegs have grooved rubber, they do get slippery. I was wondering if the GS or other similar models use metal pegs that are slip resistant, you know that have the little spikey thingies that give great traction that can be swapped onto the RT. Anyone out there ever mess with this?

another option

would be to go with the floorboard type footpegs. Can't remember who makes them, but i have seen them mounted to RT's.

I have pivot pegs on my KLR and I'm sure that the GS and all dirt/Dual sport bikes have the metal pegs that offer really good foot contact, that is what I'm looking to do. Would GS pegs fit onto an RT? I would like the dirt type pegs on the RT, why not, point being to keep my feet planted solidly on the pegs whether riding dirt or street.

Back