• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Windshields for an R1100RS revisited!

braddog

Minnesota Nice!
I decided to start my own thread for this topic.

I would like to replace my current, stock windshield with something a little taller, maybe a little wider, on my R1100RS. I've always been a fan of Parabellum; Charlie has been a good guy to work with on both my R100RS and R100S, but now I'm thinking either Aeroflow or Cee Baileys.

What's the opinion of the masses here? Is this tantamount to an oil thread? Is it simply 6 of one, half dozen of another?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Cee Bailey's, there are more options that I can choose for height and color, although I really like the look of the Aeroflow.

However, the bottom line is I've always been a form follows function kind of guy. If it works good, then I'm less concerned with how it looks. But if it doesn't work, then it really doesn't matter what it looks like because...it just plain doesn't work.

What say you all? Aeroflow or Cee Bailey's? Prices are close enough not to sweat.

Since you asked, I've been running a tinted Aeroflow for the last 12 years/60K+ miles, and am very pleased with it. I'm 6'3", and the airflow hits me just below my helmet, which I like, when lowered all the way. No buffetting issues, and it's held up well.

The Parabellum shield came up as the top choice when I asked the question last year toward the end of my restoration. It's been a great shield--quiet with little to no buffeting. I am 5'9" for reference.

142654293.jpg

I'm with Paul on this one....

I've been through trials with Parabellum, stock 1100RS, and Cbaileys.
My choice after all this is the stock 1150 screen.
Why you ask? It gives just enough air hitting you in the chest/head that it helps hold your upper body, and is much less fatiging to me, plus if caught in the rain you can crank it all the way up, and it's enough to keep you dry. (relativly)

.....and they look good on the bike.

Ken

Can anyone one post a picture of the stock screen on a R1150RS? It would help to actually see the screen. I like the stock screen on the R1100RS in warm weather, but would not mind having something more substantial in place during cold weather.

The R1150RS windscreen sure looks like a nice option. Personally I've been very happy with my Cee Bailey's.

IMG_1197800x600.jpg

In fact, the Cee Bailey's screens resemble the 1150RS stock screen, do they not?

Thanks for the input so far, everyone. It's appreciated.

Since we are on this subject, can anyone tell me what screen this is. It came with the bike and I can't say I'm really happy with it.

Watching this thread for other options.

r1100rsscreen.jpg

Back