• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NHL Lockout got you down?

I have somewhat soured on the NHL, so I am not missing them this year. But, I still like to watch college hockey. Also, the NHL Network airs quite a bit of OHL Major Junior hockey out of Canada. Great hockey! I have travelled up north to watch games in Guelph, London, Kitchner, etc. Wonderful people and you get to see alot of good hockey up close. Energy is fantastic from the players who have not yet gotten spoiled by the "big time".

I used to follow hockey very closely, back in the late 60's up to about the mid 80's. My opinion of the NHL is it has about 14 too many teams, which means there are over 300 players in the NHL that shouldn't be there. Teams are full of 'average players' and the level of play has suffered.

I haven't watched a game in over 15 years. This is coming fron a one time AA junior player who LOVED the game.

I miss hockey... I think I'd even tolerate the fan-boy ramblings of "Doc" and "Pierre" on NBC Sports at this point... The Minnesota Wild were looking so promising (and that's saying a lot!) Will have to settle for college games on the weekend (Go North Dakota!) $$ aside... I prefer to watch hockey over sports like football... and as far as baseball, sounds good when I'm in the garage next to my bike... doesn't sound so good when I'm on the bike going down the road.
:bikes

I try to limit external things you worry about, to save energy.

We watch a lot of hockey, but we're not letting the lockout get to us. There are lots of smart guys, with different motivations, who are more than capable of sorting it sort it out eventually. The owners hold all the cards, but the players have a negotiater who is not a hockey fan, who is not worried about the fans, and is interested mainly in the numbers.

Last edited:
Back