• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

might be a nice ride for us old vets (before we get too old)

f14rio

i did some civil engineering on that particular bit of infrastructure back in '69-'70.

i wonder if you can rent a gsa anywhere near there.

http://www.laosgpsmap.com/ho-chi-minh-trail-laos/

6948980800_1b91b0b439_z.jpg

what kinda bike is this?

ho-chi-minh-lookout3.jpg

Last edited:
I have not done the ride myself.
But I have seen about 10 different written and video reports of others who have. From any number of different nations.
It would be quite a journey to take, not only down any one road, but all around that area.
dc

Who are the guys with the F-4?

1/lt harvey haegstrom 25, a hard drinking morman from salt lake city on the left and me 23, a sometimes sober irishman on the right. chulai, vietnam... 1969.

harv retired as a major and i retired as a ltcol. we both woulda been generals if it wasn't for that one night at olongopo city in the phillipines with the hookers and the chicken.
:)

Last edited:
Oh boy do I remember Olongapo City. Man, I'd tell my buddies back home the stuff that went on there and no one believed a bit of it. Whewhoooo, send me back and I'll b 18 again. Don't forget the crocadile or alligator thing they had there too. Was that Nu Joloos that they had that critter in. Crazy place.

olsensan, come on... fess up

you fed baby ducks to the aligator, didn't you.

:eat

http://dennisclevenger.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/liberty-call-olongapo-city/

"One club I remember up on the right side of Magsaysay had a pond out in front with a wrought iron fence surrounding the water. In this pond lived a 5 foot alligator (or was it a croc?). A woman stood outside with a basket where you could purchase a cute little live baby chick (or were they ducklings?) from her. Once you made the buy you were to toss it into the pond for the alligator to toy with, eventually gulping it down. One night I witnessed some inebriated marines daring each other to bite the heads off the little live creatures and then throw them in. Guess what? Headless chicks bobbing in the pool sort of took the sport out of the gatorÔÇÖs tortuous activity, but he ate them anyway. DonÔÇÖt let anyone tell you a U.S. Marine ainÔÇÖt tough!"

Last edited:
Interestingly that stuff was just a prelude to the craziness found in Olongapo. With all the sailors, marines, airmen and air force guys running amok and blowing off stress and scared ****edness, the place was bananas! Throw in booze, girls, testosterone and insanity and whala.....Olongapo!

Back