• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heated Grip Interchange K1-K75

K1s use barend weights, K75s do not. K1 grips are open at the end to accomodate the weights. K75 grips are closed on the end. You will need to come up with something to plug the ends. Otherwise, should work.

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks guys. It is just a thought for when the grips I have now bite the dust. There are so many things more important to do on my bike that it is not funny. New grips are at the bottom of the list.

That is what I have now, but I find the K1 grips more comfortable. When the time comes, I will probably just put another pair on like I already have.

What I would really like to find is some way to keep the wind off of my hands.

The late "airhead" R80GS handguards worked out real nice on my K75S. Just a little modification to correctly cover the brake fluid reservoir.

The late "airhead" R80GS handguards worked out real nice on my K75S. Just a little modification to correctly cover the brake fluid reservoir.

OR you could buy the correct ones that are made for the K75 and R100GS.:dunno

71 60 2 315 870 SET: RETROFIT KIT, HAND GUARD, BLACK $41.05

That's the pair that I have. Still had to use a little black tape over the reservoir and around the hand gaurd.

That's the pair that I have. Still had to use a little black tape over the reservoir and around the hand gaurd.

Then there is another problem with your hand guards or your bike. They fit K75s perfectly. I've had them on my bikes (sometimes). I think I've got them on one of my bikes now. I'll post a picture after I get back from the movies.

I'm a bit late, but the K1's throttle tube is very different than the K75. You can change the grips-even on heated grips-with some careful work.

I'm a bit late, but the K1's throttle tube is very different than the K75. You can change the grips-even on heated grips-with some careful work.

Lostboy's knowledge of K1s comes through again!

I had just looked at the fiche under K1 heated grips and the picture is actually of a K100 setup which led me to believe that the K1 was the same, but in looking at the picture of the K1 standard grip it does indeed show that the throttle tube is very different.

BMW sometimes saves time and money on their illustrations by using illustrations that are similar but not exact, like they did with the heated grip panel. Oops!

So, Are you going to leave me hanging? What are the differences? Will these differences keep me from making the change?

So, Are you going to leave me hanging? What are the differences? Will these differences keep me from making the change?

No.

The tube attaches to the throttle cable in an entirely different manner. There is no gear or chain.

Yes.

Back