• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Death Valley2013:).

Polarbear

Polarbear
Any oraganized stuff going on for GS/.GSAs or the like. I go every year around January and February, as many do. I ride there, ride back and mentioned because many trailer. Not in that group. Lake Isabella a favorite route of mine via 155 out of Delano or 178 from Bakersfield, depending on snows. I camp most years. IF rooming, I'm usually at Stovepipe Wells, but rare nowadays. Panamint Springs has good camping with shower, others so so or no shower. GSGiants are always welcome, like minded with me, but anybody that can ride well is welcome. I fear most of my GSGiants pals are easterly this time of year, not riding as much? I am easily found in ClovisCA and welcome all the above to join me for Death Valley very soon now, 2013. I KNOW most of the backcountry there now and whats enjoyable and whats NOT, when riding a GS/GSA. Fine times exist, IF IF IF you've got the grit to ride from your Winter home to get there. It can get tough from certain locales of the USA. Even DV gets cold at night, but warms very nicely for day riding events. KLRs welcome too, as I am in that group too:). Randy:clap

DV is Dead:)

? Just how anybody could miss DV in the first two months of any year is beyond me? Its rider heaven all about the area for GSers and the like. Road bikes too. I posted a while back, not even one response at this site! Thats a dead stopper. I must be among a very FEW GSers that ride the thing the way its intended:), or in the West anyways. See ya'll(unlikely), as i feel i'm the only MOA rep on a GSA around DV any given year. I ride again this year, keep looking and enjoy all the brand Xers out there. Maybe I ride the KLR again this year:). They usually show in much larger numbers and fun to be around, better overall dirtbike anyways . Randy

Been there many times. I think it is overated and the rooms at Furnace Creek are over $225. Come to southern Arizona for some real adventure riding.

Jack

Too crowded in Jan/Feb. I usually go in April. Or October. And I camp. Furnace Creek is not the only expensive lodging. Stovepipe Wells is getting up there, too. If you go on the wrong weekend and even the cheap places in Beatty can run $100. Of course even if you can stay in Beatty for $20 it's still Beatty, not Death Valley :laugh

D.v.

I tend to go in March before or after spring break. We camped at Saline Valley this last time. AWESOME.
I have a blog you can view photo's and comments http://bmerman.blogspot.com/ (past rides,archived)

Why stay at a hotel when you can camp?
We didn't but in the future will camp undeveloped away from all people.

I'm ready to ride , lets do it.
Oh dang, just returned from Baja and vacation would be a no go.
TOO BAD for me.

Billy

For lodging you may want to try Tecopa Hot Springs to the south or Panamint Springs on the west side. Both are very bike friendly and great bases to explore the valley. Tecopa is a desert rat dive sort of place with a world class chef running Pastels Bistro out in front - really great food. Nice place to soak after a day riding. Panamint Springs has a diner/bar with a bazilliion brands of nice cold beer, decent camping and a couple rooms to rent. Both are very friendly.

DV over rated?? Wow! To each his own.

Been there many times. I think it is overated and the rooms at Furnace Creek are over $225. Come to southern Arizona for some real adventure riding.

Jack

Naaaaa, I like death valley
i-rc7hx5q-M.jpg

I will say, it is not warm all the time.
i-h3gRfM3-M.jpg

Back