• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TANKBAG - GS vs. GS ADVENTURE

JochenWoern

Is there a difference in Tankbag fit, GS vs. GS Adventure?

I own a 2013 GS Adventure and while surfing the internet to possibly find a good deal on a used Tankbag for my GSA, I am wondering if a GS tankbag will fit a GS Adventure as well?

Anything in paritcular I need to look out for?

Many thanks in advance.

Wolfman

I only have experience with the Wolfman Rainier tank bag. It fit on my 1150GS and on my 08 1200 Adventure. Straps seemed to work great. Good luck and new ones are a good price.

BMW OEM Bags

As far as OEM BMW tankbags go, the following one is the only one for the GS Adv:

BMW part # 01 71 60 7 709 149

I bought mine used online and have seen several for sale at prices considerably less than new from BMW dealers.

+1 Wolfman Rainier!!!

Use it on my '02 K1200RS and '09 R1200GSA. Bought an extra pair of straps so using on both bikes is easy. Great value for the price.

Many thanks. This is exactly what I did, purchased a used one on eBay for 200 bucks plus 15 shipping to CA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1200GS...true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_54wt_932

I have the GSA BMW tank bag, and it works great. I love the waterproof compartment, which keeps cell phones and other electronic items safe from the weather. The map compartment with water-proof roll-closure on top is well thought-out. Mounting seems solid, and it is perfectly stable on the bike.

It's entirely possible to over-stuff the bag to the point where you can no longer see the instrument panel! I like having all the room, as I like keeping a hydration bladder in the tank bag, and 100 ounces of water takes up a lot of room.

20120617-036.jpg

Panniers;

I scraped the tankbags and went tank panniers and love the switchover. Much more user friendly for my likeing. No more gas cap issues either. Research the panniers, for an alternative idea. GSA here. Mine are by Aerostitch @ 127$, sold in two fashions, sport or normal, regarding size of bag. Other brands exist. My BMW tankbag lasted less than two years, before the plastic map screen smoked over completely and other parts were failing too. A BMW/Chinese made product! Randy

I have the GSA BMW tank bag, and it works great. I love the waterproof compartment, which keeps cell phones and other electronic items safe from the weather. The map compartment with water-proof roll-closure on top is well thought-out. Mounting seems solid, and it is perfectly stable on the bike.

It's entirely possible to over-stuff the bag to the point where you can no longer see the instrument panel! I like having all the room, as I like keeping a hydration bladder in the tank bag, and 100 ounces of water takes up a lot of room.

20120617-036.jpg

Tank bag aside...I am happy to see another member of the Rebel Aliance out there!

Back