• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 GTL - Bike to Bike Comm, Retaining Bluetooth ?

ericmsimon

EMS in CLE
OK, so I'm looking to trade my '06 R1200RT for a 2012 K16GTL. Right now, I have the Baehr Capo, which gives me passable bike-to-bike communications. Used to have GMRS, and the quality of communications was super, but the integration was poor.
What solutions have others found for an integrated bike-to-bike comm system that will play nicely with the GTL's Bluetooth functionality ?
Dealer showed my the Scala G9, but that uses Bluetooth for the bike-to-bike, and I've always read that Bluetooth's "normal" range is 30'.
I am also not sure that my riding buddy would want to get a new system, just because I got a new bike, so GMRS or FRS would be best for me.
clean integration is essential, and I'd REALLY like to stay cordless for the helmet.
Thoughts ?

Same issue here. I have 1600gt with comm. Wife has a 650gt both Schubert helmets long beach BMW installed BMW comm system in hers to match mine, works through my bike and supposedly works for 1/4 mile

so?

Same issue here. I have 1600gt with comm. Wife has a 650gt both Schubert helmets long beach BMW installed BMW comm system in hers to match mine, works through my bike and supposedly works for 1/4 mile

Does that mean what you have does work, but only with a quarter mile range?

No. Haven't tried it yet, sales manager, whom I trust says 1/4 mile is the limit of the range. Funny he says she should hear me from a longer distance than I can hear her, that could be good

Sena SR10

now I have located the device that will enable me to interface the GMRS to the bluetooth system - the sena SR10. The question now is which bluetooth system to get with the GTL. BMW ? Scuberth? Scala ? Sena ?
Which if these systems will play the most nicely with the bike and chosen peripherals ?

Last edited:
Back