• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Virus infection?!

For me, no virus warning but somewhere between 2 am and 7 am this site picked up the problem of when you go into a thread and then hit the back arrow to go back to the main forum page, it doesnt do anything. If one goes up and clicks on "Forum" then it will go to that.....Strange........God bless......Dennis

System Restore

Go to System Restore and set to a date when computer was running fine. No expert but this has worked for me in the past. Virus is still on computer but parked were it may not bother you.
Ken Denton

I'm traveling now w/ no computer access, just the phone. I've not seen any problems the last few days.

Kurt,

I'm getting a virus infection notice from AVG when I try to log onto the Motorrad forum.

edit - it's more than just the Motorrad forum.

Threat name
: HTML/Framer See> http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/html-framer/

Anyone else???

Friday, 11/23/2012
09:25 PST

Sorry to post it here, didn't know where else to submit this.
I just did a complete system scan (mine) and as far as I can tell-we are clean.
Were you OK yesterday Lew?
I will move this to Online Central- where most of the posts have been on the virus issue. I anybody else sees anything they can report it in this thread.
Thanks Lew, we will keep an eye out for more trouble. Gary

I also use AVG and have had no virus warnings on the MOA site.

Bob Schrader
Thanks Bob, it's good to have a few different inputs to see if it's a "new" threat of perhaps a residual left by that last problem. Gary

I have Avast! and also got a virus warning this morning when I came onto the site. I also received several warnings a couple weeks ago when you had the problems.

It would be good if those who are experiencing the warnings could run a security scan on manual to see what turns up.
If something specific shows up- in your security log- and you can send what it is (in a spaced out form or with groups of three X's (XXX) to render it harmless, to me in a pm and I will take a peek/pass it on as needed. Thanks and be careful! Gary

Today, when I logged onto the site, it asked me to run an Oracle plug-in... I did not. Very odd though.
Without a bit of a search through the back of my mind, I think Oracle owns Java Script. While Java is an important part of most things on the computer, it has been some of these scripts that have become malicious. Unless you are familiar with something your computer wants you to download- IMO it's best to skip it until you have a better feeling about it.
While it may sound simplistic, you can always write down, with paper and pen, the address you are asked to click on. Then, you can enter that into a Google search box and watch the possibilities unfold- for the good or the bad. OM

I get no virus warning and this is the only web site that does it; but it is still doing what I described above.

When I am inside of a thread and want to go back to the main forum pageI typically go up to the back arrow up in the top left corner of IE, click it, and go back to the previous page I was on..........NOW, once I go into a thread and try to do that, it just sits there. I have to go up and click on "FORUM" and start all over. Inside of the website on other topics such as "Flea Market" it acts normally........

Again this is the only web site that acts this way....SOMETHING is happening and not normal.....God bless........Dennis

I get no virus warning and this is the only web site that does it; but it is still doing what I described above.

When I am inside of a thread and want to go back to the main forum pageI typically go up to the back arrow up in the top left corner of IE, click it, and go back to the previous page I was on..........NOW, once I go into a thread and try to do that, it just sits there. I have to go up and click on "FORUM" and start all over. Inside of the website on other topics such as "Flea Market" it acts normally........

Again this is the only web site that acts this way....SOMETHING is happening and not normal.....God bless........Dennis
Interesting Dennis, it sounds like a stored page info problem. Have you checked your "stored cookies" to see where your at? If a fouled up page is stored that's what you will see until the "cookie" is cleared and "good" page info can be stored.
I'm going to send you a pm. OM

Yep, me too

Kurt,

I'm getting a virus infection notice from AVG when I try to log onto the Motorrad forum.

edit - it's more than just the Motorrad forum.

Threat name
: HTML/Framer See> http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/html-framer/

Anyone else???

Friday, 11/23/2012
09:25 PST

Sorry to post it here, didn't know where else to submit this.

I am running AVG also (2012 Free version) on a desktop (Dell) using Windows XP and IE7 (I think). I am also getting virus warnings like crazy from AVG starting yesterday and is still happening today even when not logged in to the Forum. It doesn't matter what forum I'm in. I am also getting the same behavior of the back button not working on the first try - instead I get a virus warning. When I close the popup box virus warning and use the back button nothing happens and then I hit the back button again and it works. Annoying, really.

Louise

My Firefox noscript reports a request being served by the BMW MOA site, seeking permission to run a script on on my computer from a "westend.asia" website.

Yeah, that's not good.

I had a virus warning pop up from Microsoft security essentials this morning also, which told me the computer was being cleaned, and no action was necessary.
Now however, the automatic updates for MSE will not work. I had to look up a link to do it manually.

Computer froze up, had to reboot, and is still running very slow when trying to back out of a webpage, especially on this site.

Ken

i had the same warning from norton's that malicious something had been blocked this morning when i went to look at the forum. it was the same message when this was a problem just a few weeks ago.

Lew -

What version of AVG are you running? What's the date on the virus files...the files that are updated routinely when threats are identified? What browser are you using?

Virus

I got a virus warning from my work PC this afternoon running Kaspersky. It reported a Trojan virus and blocked access to the forum. Access to other parts of the MOA site were ok. I emailed my problem along with the error message to the site support address.

Back