• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Whidbey Island

Mike, that'd be a nice ride, through Poulsbo and up to Port Townsend, ferry to Whidbey . . .

Welcome to the Great North Wet. I hope you packed your rain gear. :brow Oh, and quick, before the weather turns bad, you need to get on SR 20 and go east as far as you have time for. The dry side of the hill is just as awesome as the wet side of the Cascades. There is a bit of fresh snow in the high passes, but not on the roads yet. The weather may hold for another week or two before the deluge begins so if you can get a little time off.... But as an aviator you already knew that. You guys are always flying over my house. I just returned from a trip through the Okanogan sub continent and the landscape/riding is equal to the Swiss Alps travel brochures. We ride all year here on the wet side, but they close the SR 20 pass in winter, and winter comes early in the high country.

Cross the ferry to Port Townsend

Cross to the Olympic Peninsula on the ferry (about $6.00) to Port Townsend the 101 loop offers lots of opportunities.

Bikes generally have front of line privilege on the ferry as long as your there prior to the start of loading.

Highway 16 into Tacoma will get you to South Sound BMW in Fife. Coffees always on and good place to

warmup. Lots of Saturdays they will have something happening. Brauts and Test rides.

HWY 101 Loop lots to see.

Bikes generally have front of line privilege as long as your there prior to start of loading.

Depending on stops you can be in Astoria within 4.5 hours from the Ferry terminal.

Very few stoplights depending in you route.

Not sure where your from but just in case ...

Watch for sand and gravel on the roads as we get colder. This was a new concept to me moving from

So Cal. Most all of these roads will be open all year, always check the wash dot website for road closures.

Bill.

Back