• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ND - Missouri Natl Grassland and TR NP?

arthurdent

Has anyone ridden through these? Are there any paved roads through them? I'm planning a trip with a cousin next June. I'm on a GS but he's on a Road King so don't want to take him onto much gravel until he's got a lot more miles behind him.

Otherwise I'd like to come through Black Hills and up to MT to head west toward Glacier.

Other suggestions are welcome.

TFTI!

The South Unit of Theodore National Park is all paved. And gorgeous. You'll love it! The north unit has more to explore but with all the oil exploration there are way too many trucks for me!

Voni
sMiling

Like Voni says, the south unit at TRNP is paved and beautiful. I used to live about 35 miles from the park. If you're headed for Glacier you'll want to work west, then angle north up to Glacier so you don't have to go through the oil patch in NW corner of ND. Hwy200 and 89 up to the park is the way we used to go, kept us away from the interstate as much as possible.

Enjoy the trip!

GTRider

The North Unit is also paved and very nice. Part of the road slid away and is under construction, but it may be completed by now. So part of the drive was unaccessible this summer. Ping me in the spring and I can let you know if it is open, I get there frequently.

Thanks to all. Sounds like we'll steer we'll clear of anything to do with the Bokken. I like the look of MT 200 on the map.

Back