• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Sherando Rally - 2013

The "Laid Back Rally" at Sherando is back for 2013. Save the dates of August 30 - September 1, 2013. AS in the past the location is Sherando Lake Campround in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stay tuned for updates soon to come.

Sherando Lake is located 12 miles south of Waynesboro, VA.

http://www-rbmwr-com.rmctools.com/index.tmpl

Thinkin' about goin'...I'm heading up to Yogaville this weekend, I'll maybe have a look at Sherando Lake while I'm up there.

Yogaville? Boy can I tell you stories about Yogaville.
The time my mother saw the meditators and shouted " they look real don't they"
The time my step father tried to tip one of the facilitators and got stared down.
Actually a neat place. The Sherando Rally grounds are on a National Park. They'll charge you for just a look. They Club uses the overflow area on the top of the mountain. It's beautiful, quite and a low key Rally. we all love it..

Mike

Obviously Sherando and the mountains will provide better riding, but there are a couple of nuggets near Yogaville. This was taken on Manteo Road (Rt 655) less than two mlies east of Yogaville.

Memorial Day Ride 011-L.jpg

It's supposed to storm on Saturday - I was wondering: route 655 and 604 appear to be non-paved from my satellite images. Are they gravel roads, or am I going to be bogged down in the mud? I do have quite a bit of experience on gravel roads, but deep mud might be a turn-off, to be sure.

604 is paved. The speed varies from 45-55. 655 is paved and the limit is probably about 45. If you are interested, 741 snakes downhill along the James River, but is unpaved and river views may be so-so with leaves out.

Heading downhill on Rt 741
Rt 741.jpg

Yes, the downhill section heading toward the river. That is about as bad as any road in that area gets.

Ended up driving to Sherando in the cage. I told them I was interested in seeing the site for the MC rally - they let us in for free. We offered to pay, but they wouldn't accept. Though it's not possible for us to attend this year, we look forward to next year.

Back