Thread: Sherando Rally - 2013

Hybrid View

Sherando Rally - 2013

The "Laid Back Rally" at Sherando is back for 2013. Save the dates of August 30 - September 1, 2013. AS in the past the location is Sherando Lake Campround in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stay tuned for updates soon to come.

Sherando Lake is located 12 miles south of Waynesboro, VA.

http://www-rbmwr-com.rmctools.com/index.tmpl

I'll be there. Anybody else?
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

Thinkin' about goin'...I'm heading up to Yogaville this weekend, I'll maybe have a look at Sherando Lake while I'm up there.
    Virginia Beach
    current:14 R1200RT 75 R60/6
    past: 11 R1200RT 10 R1200RT 03 R1200CLC

Yogaville? Boy can I tell you stories about Yogaville.
    The time my mother saw the meditators and shouted " they look real don't they"
    The time my step father tried to tip one of the facilitators and got stared down.
    Actually a neat place. The Sherando Rally grounds are on a National Park. They'll charge you for just a look. They Club uses the overflow area on the top of the mountain. It's beautiful, quite and a low key Rally. we all love it..

Mike
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

Obviously Sherando and the mountains will provide better riding, but there are a couple of nuggets near Yogaville. This was taken on Manteo Road (Rt 655) less than two mlies east of Yogaville.

Memorial Day Ride 011-L.jpg
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

It's supposed to storm on Saturday - I was wondering: route 655 and 604 appear to be non-paved from my satellite images. Are they gravel roads, or am I going to be bogged down in the mud? I do have quite a bit of experience on gravel roads, but deep mud might be a turn-off, to be sure.
    Virginia Beach
    current:14 R1200RT 75 R60/6
    past: 11 R1200RT 10 R1200RT 03 R1200CLC