• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Installing Kisan Signalminder

bobr9

99 R1100RT

Am installing the Kisan Signalminder SM-5 module. Having trouble installing the connecting plug from the wiring harness. I have verified that the Kisan receptacle is identical to the BMW turn signal relay I took out. The harness connector has a cam lock.

My issue is it goes in for 1/8" or so then stops. I don't want to force it and break something so am wondring if there is a trick to getting this thing to set in correctly. I have unlocked the camlock and rotated it back, which is how I got if off. Any tips on this or am I just not pushing hard enough?

Sounds like you are doing it correctly. If I recall when I installed my Signalminder that occasionally the plug binds. Try pushing the plug onto the module as you turn the cam. Sometime a little dialectric grease will help. Good luck.

I hate those %^&* cams

I have added the signalminder to all of my oilheads, so you would think that i would have this procedure down pat. NOPE! Each time i fight with it....

but the results are worth the aggravation. :clap

I got it in. The secret is you have to open the camlock all the way in the unlocked direction, then it goes right in.

Installed with the brake input option and took a test ride on Tuesday, everything worked great. Went for a ride today and 5 minutes into the ride the lights started flashing erratically, like the brakes were being applied. Stopped and disconnected the brake input wire on the signalminder. Problem went away. Thinking I may have a poor connection where I tapped into the brakeline, but not sure if that makes sense if the 12V doesn't appear until you activate the brakes. Any thoughts on this?

In your neck of the woods and considering plug-and-play install. Sent pm. Any pics would be appreciated.

Back