• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K100LT vs K75RT

R

redwombat34

Faced with the choice of a 75RT or a 100LT which would you choose and why?

given those choices, i'd opt for neither, and get the K1100 version. it's got all the upgrades, same basic motor, just more ooomph.
if you are set on either the 750 or 1000, go big. The K75 was a fabulous solo bike, but a bit underpowered for 2up (especially in the mntns), which is what a RT/LT really excels at.

The choice for me would be simple. K-75RT Smoother and a bunch cooler in hot weather. I had a K1100LT, that was very fast and powerfull, but was too hot to ride in the summer. I've also had a K-75, and I once put a nickle on edge on the gas tank with the motor running to impress a friend who is a Harley rider. He still talks about how smooth that BMW was. :D

I would choose the K75RT without a second thought. I did get a K75RT to replace a K100RT because of the vibration and heat of the K100. The K75 had far less power than the K100 but it was very adequate for one up riding.

3 vibes good

Thanks for the thoughts. I wasn't aware of the K100LT heat issue. There is something about the smoothness of 3's (or 6's for that matter) that makes them special. I was leaning that way already as a roommate for my K75S. You guys settled it.

Back