• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw 1600

S

salgld

I recently purchased the 1600 and I thought the turn signals were lit up as running lights...

The other evening while out riding with some friends the question came up as to why I had no running lights on the bike...I thought when I purchased the bike these lights were lit when bike was running...Am I loosing my mind...

The lights work fine when giving direction either left or right...

Help..

The directional signal lights are not on as running lights as delivered from BMW. There is a kit available that can be easily installed in a hour or two that converts them to running lights. I've installed this kit on my K16GT and they are very effective. These LEDs are very bright and the simple mod makes the bike much more conspicuous. Head on over to the K1600 forum and search for the thread on Daytime running lights. The forum member there, cbdane, makes these kits and has quite a large number of happy users.

Here's a front view of my bike with the running light kit installed:

190439-L.jpg

Back