Thread: Seibenrock Kits

Seibenrock Kits

Has anyone had any personal experience with the Seibenrock replacement nikasil cylinder/piston kit offered by Ted Porter's Beemer Shop. I'm thinking of replacing those on my 78 R100S not for any performance increase but because of oil consumption. Any other alternatives? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbarneshb View Post
    Has anyone had any personal experience with the Seibenrock replacement nikasil cylinder/piston kit offered by Ted Porter's Beemer Shop. I'm thinking of replacing those on my 78 R100S not for any performance increase but because of oil consumption. Any other alternatives? Thanks
    It's the best bang for the buck.
    www.boxermetal.com
    www.facebook.com/boxermetal
    VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694, ABC #600
    Hi my name is Chris and I am a slash-five-o-holic.

+1 Siebenrock

Just installed on a '78 R100RS (at about 60k), and this IS the way to go. Spend the dough, BREAK THE ENGINE IN PROPERLY (Snowbum, Oak, Porter, Cutter), and I'd be surprised if you use a drop of oil over the next few years.

Oh, it now goes like stink -- not that you'd care about that, of course. (heh-heh)

If you're doing this job yourself, buy Oak's Boxer Top End Disassembly, and -of equal importance - Boxer Top End REassembly. Fortunately, these two masterworks come together in the same handy manual. Don't do this job without it unless you're already an expert. askoak@aol.com

Walking Eagle
    Last edited by Walking Eagle; 11-18-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: add'l info