• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Parking

I recall that your existing garage is a double, so I thought you might be getting close to the magic percentage area for allowed development.

And when the DP circulates, you find out if your neighbours really do love you. :D

8193072037_fae2b0eca6_b.jpg

Wow, looks like Sandy hit you pretty hard :)

I thought that was a great caption.

I live thousands of miles from the east cost, but my basement often looks like Sandy was here. :laugh:laugh:laugh

Excuse my ignorance, I live in Texas. Did you have to get permits to put a shelf in an existing garage, or is this the finished interior of a new building?

I recall that your existing garage is a double, so I thought you might be getting close to the magic percentage area for allowed development.

And when the DP circulates, you find out if your neighbours really do love you. :D

The original was all ready at the maximums, I'm now well over in all aspects except the total lot coverage. :D Never had any protests from the neighborhood, it was all city red tape. Had to go to appeal with reduced plans to get it through.

Excuse my ignorance, I live in Texas. Did you have to get permits to put a shelf in an existing garage, or is this the finished interior of a new building?

No permit for the shelf, its not a structural part of the building. The motorcycle parking is in the original section which I'm now reorganising.

OK, that get's my vote for "Snarky Comment of the Year"

No that wasn't snarky. Just a good followup from a well organized garage, to one well, not quite as well organized. Just a good natured,joke, between Forum buddies. :heh

Lucy:

Development in Calgary is tightly controlled. In most communities, you can't develop more than 45% of your lot area. If you want to exceed that, you have to apply for a development permit. For any shed or garage that's over 10 square metres, you have to apply for a building permit.

my mom used to tell my friends,,

"Its not nice to make fun of kids who aren't that smart."

i was 'special'. took the short school bus to class.

6831432987_07bb08e0ae_z.jpg

:)

So do you have room to finish the Mustang now, Ed?

Room, yes; time, hopefully. I did get some work done on it so i could move it off the rotisserie and onto the new lift. I'm tackling the woodworking space this week in the garage, then hopefully I'll be able to get to some of the projects after Christmas. Work on the Mustang is near the top of the list.

I would like to cover the wood floor of my platform with something like you have.
Is it hard plastic or soft?
Is the diamond plate texture hard on your knees if you're working on the bikes?
IMGP0756-2.jpg

I would like to cover the wood floor of my platform with something like you have.
Is it hard plastic or soft?
Is the diamond plate texture hard on your knees if you're working on the bikes?

The tile I used on the floor is RaceDeck, and is available in a variety of surface textures. The area I covered is only for parking, when I work on the bikes I move them out into the main parking space. The texture is not hard to kneel on however as the pattern is only minimally raised from the surface of the tile.

On my parking platform, I used Allure Trafficmaster vinyl flooring.

How are you going to keep the woodshop dust out of that pristine bike area?

I'm considering a sliding curtain that I can pull across the side to close it off somewhat. Aside from that, I'm upgrading my dust management system as part of the makeover to keep the free flying dust to a minimum.

Back