• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

After market throttle control

hoss01

hoss
I have a 2009 f650 gs and would like to add an aftermarket cruise control system.
The bike has hand guards and heated grips.
Any suggestions would be invaluable and much appreciated.
Thank you for your time to reply to my request.
Please respond to the following e-mail address:
paulrgrischke@gmail.com

Teepke, I absolutely love that thing. After trying to use Crampbuster in a couple different sizes and different positions, it bothered my wrist. I put the Go Cruise on and it was love at first twist. What an ingenious device, and it works flawlessly.

I use the Kaoko

I have a 2009 f650 gs and would like to add an aftermarket cruise control system.
The bike has hand guards and heated grips.
Any suggestions would be invaluable and much appreciated.
Thank you for your time to reply to my request.
Please respond to the following e-mail address:
paulrgrischke@gmail.com

Was easy to install and works well.

One thing to consider when trying to make a decision is if it will work with your hand-guards. Some brands only work with certain hand-guards... while some thingys work with all.

I like my Kaoko... but am sure it works just as good as the rest, but it does work with my Tourtech hand guards....

Throttlemeister

Sorry if I'm entering this discussion rather late, but I bought a Throttlemeister cruise control package for my F800R w/heated grips. It came with 2 bar ends, the right side being the cruise control, which you adjust by twisting. I have found it fairly intuitive and easy to use. Just remember in 6th gear and low RPM, the throttle is rather touchy, so you have to fine-tune your cruise control. The machining of the bar ends themselves is top-notch. Throttlemeister makes a quality product. As an added benefit, the heavy version of their bar end cruise control also reduced vibrations at higher RPM. At $180, I thought the price was high, but not unreasonable for the amount of satisfaction I have gotten from it.

+1 on the throttle mister. works as well as any friction device can work....had them on two bikes not ...lots of miles

BMW is should just put the software cruse control they already have in the ECU of several other models and add it to the F800 series...cheap for them and they can charge a lot......
them doing traction control and not cruise control is insulting

Back