• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Moto-Center Thun BMW Rental?

gunnert

Biker
Has anyone rented a bike from Moto-Center Thun? Wife and I rented a K1300GT from Motogreek (Munich) in '10 for 13 days and had a great trip. Am thinking about going back to the Alps in '13 and renting a K1600GT. Rental costs have sky rocketed in Munich, so I'm thinking of renting a bike from dealer in Thun. Has anyone else had an experience with renting from them? Was coordinating train ride from Zurich to Thun much of an issue? Looking at two weeks, beginning end of June 2013... Oh yea, not interested in organized tours.

First class outfit, been to the dealership several times, not as a renter but to shop. Their fleet is generally low mileage, and well kept as they are a dealer too.

If you want to rent from them, Beach's Motorcycle Adventures ( Swiss rental page http://www.beachs-mca.com/rental/swisspric.htm ) can make the arrangements for the same price, but you get to deal with an American Company and speak to someone in English, and can pay with a check and not take the 2-4% foreign transaction fees most cards charge.

For train, just go to Google Maps and get directions from the airport to Thun, and click on the public transportation option at the top, it will give the trains to take and times for pickup and arrival.

Pffog, I contacted Beach's today. They won't have prices for 2013 until Dec/Jan. I'm going to call back then. Only bothering thing was the limit of 200 KM per day and unlimited adds 30% to the pricing. I rental out of Geneva is the same basic cost and permits a more doable 300 KM per day. I'm just starting the research for this trip. I'll be patient until I get all the options on the table. I'm already leaning towards at RT vice GT (RT's are available from more rental companies). In '10 we rented a K1300GT and had no issues with it. My new 1600 is a bit bigger and may be pusing it...

Back