• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Trunkless Gold Wing F6B

I think it's hideous. Honda is really blowing it with the wing. This bike needs to be completely restyled instead of another version that's already been out for sometime now.

And everybody crabs about HD regurgitating old models to death. That bike is turn of the century technology and though it does work very well, it is time for change. I rode my 2003GL this past Sunday and am reminded of how much better the front suspension should be. Maybe this will be addressed on the next generation.

I think it's hideous. Honda is really blowing it with the wing. This bike needs to be completely restyled instead of another version that's already been out for sometime now.

Same could be said of the K1200LT...it has been around quite a while, with subtle changes. I really thought by now an entirely "new" one would have emerged ?/

JMO

The K1200LT was discontinued, and not re-hashed as something "different" like Honda is doing with the Wing. You want new? The K1600GT is the new offering.

Did Honda hire an Arlen Ness student away from Victory? It looks sort of like the offspring of a Goldwing and a Victory Vision going through its awkward years.

or

Hold my beer and watch me chopperize this here gold wing with a sawzall. No, that can't be it, the wind screen would have come out better with a sawzall.

See? Better Windscreens:
goldwing4.JPG

goldwing3.jpg

I think that the people who like Harley Road Kill will like this bike..

I don't think so. People buy a Harley simply because it is a Harley with the Harley sound. They don't buy the Japanese bikes that copy the Harley far more closely.

Did Honda hire an Arlen Ness student away from Victory?

I'm glad you added "student" to your comment. Arlen generally shows more finesse than this.

This, for $10K, I might buy.

CB1100 (1140cc, fuel injected)

13_CB1100_Action_05_LR.jpg

Looks OK to me. The notion of making "self-cancelling" turn signals part of an option package seems Goofy.

This "F6B" is obviously built to try to appeal to the Harley Bagger crew. Not my style of bike but it may work for someone else.

The K1200LT was discontinued, and not re-hashed as something "different" like Honda is doing with the Wing. You want new? The K1600GT is the new offering.

:doh:doh:doh:bolt

I forgot all about that....damn i must be gittin'old......egg on my face...:blush

Something about it reminds me of stinkbugs. Can't say I'm fond of either of them.:sick

Attachments

• honda.jpg
    honda.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 218
I'm glad you added "student" to your comment. Arlen generally shows more finesse than this.

This, for $10K, I might buy.

CB1100 (1140cc, fuel injected)

13_CB1100_Action_05_LR.jpg

I thought this was a great idea, but I'm not giving 10k for a naked, naked, naked Honda that is a rehash of something made in 1978......

Back