• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2008 R1200GS Stiebel horn added

dyg

Purchased a Steibel horn kit from excelcyclewerkes.com. Thought I'd share a pic of where I mounted the relay for the horn on my bike (it looks real close to the shock but there is adequate clearance). Also, the horn extension bracket is mounted to the hole near the top of the frame that isn't used - it is not mounted to the old horn mount due to space consideration. The relay could also be mounted to the old horn mount but there is very little room to get a torx bit in there due to location of the brace for front fender. One thing of concern, that if either mount or horn shifted, it could hit front shock (even though there is a lock nut up top). I ran the wires along the right underside of the tank area and below the tool holder where I connected to an Eastern Beaver 3 circuit solution (rather than hooking direct to the battery). Works great..

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 108
Back