• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Colors on 1990 K75C?

There should be a 1"x2" black sticker with three white numbers facing the left side of the bike on the flat of the tail cowl underneath the seat.

I BELIEVE the red used on the 1990 Cs was 654 Red Metallic.

The 1990 Ss came with 643 Marakesh Red.

:dance:dance:dance

There should be a 1"x2" black sticker with three white numbers facing the left side of the bike on the flat of the tail cowl underneath the seat.

I BELIEVE the red used on the 1990 Cs was 654 Red Metallic.

The 1990 Ss came with 643 Marakesh Red.

LOL

Lee, You like Red bikes. Which color red is best, Red Metallic or Marakesh Red?

Marakesh Red!

The first year Ss were the Red Metallic and they had a terrible habit of fading to an ugly copper color. Mine has been repainted to the Marakesh Red.

The paint on the Red Metallic is going to be hard to match (unless you are doing a complete repaint) due to that color being very prone to fading and changing colors.

If you are doing a complete repaint, might I suggest Marakesh Red. It is a very striking red kind of like Ferrari red. It always gets compliments.

BMW used Glasurit paint (a division of BASF). Holt BMW http://www.holtbmw.com/ in Ohio is a Glasurit dealer if you can't find one locally.

654 is actually the paint SCHEME number. The Glasurit paint CODE for the 654 paint scheme is 031/533.

The Glasurit paint code for the 643 Marakesh Red paint scheme is 222.

Back