• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Vanson Leathers

empeg9000

Since it was nice and sunny up here in Upstate NY yesterday at a balmy 65 degrees I decided to take my RT out for a quick ride using my new to me Vanson leathers. They were very comfortable and I was surprised I wasn't chilly considering I wore just the leather pants and a t-shirt with the jacket over it. Of course the barn door Aero windshield probably helps a ton. I was only out for about an hour but so far I am quite pleased. It's quite a change from the Santiago suit I had before.

Yep! Vanson makes top-shelf leather gear. Takes some time to break-in but rewards you with superior protection. There's nothing like the feel of thick leather. And if I ever get my hands on the creep that stole my perf jacket 20 years ago...

pete

Vanson produces very good gear and some of my favorite jackets. However, leather itself is a relatively poor insulator, the thicker stuff just insulates a little bit longer.
Layering is the key to increased heat retention, or maybe plug-in gear.
Which model jacket do you have?

Vanson produces very good gear and some of my favorite jackets. However, leather itself is a relatively poor insulator, the thicker stuff just insulates a little bit longer.
Layering is the key to increased heat retention, or maybe plug-in gear.
Which model jacket do you have?
I have the Cobra 2 jacket and the non-perf Traveler pants.
Yes I can see what you mean about the insulating factor. The jacet is thick but I could feel the cool leather on my arms. On a one hour ride it was fine but I could see that if the sun was going down or I was riding all day I might need a long sleeve shirt or something. I do normally wear under gear, I just didn't yesterday. I was just excited to get out there. I also have a Gerbings jacket but it is too big for me now so I have to get something new. I think I am going to switch to warm-n-safe. Then I just need to figure out a rain suit to wear with this gear.

Back