• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

built on friday ? 2012 R1200RT

rhood1960

Picked up a new r1200rt Saturday rode 121 miles parked it came out early this morning looking forward for another ride and saw a puddle of oil under the bike rear shock puked out all the oil,time for olins already?guess its a good time time to send the seat to Russell daylong while I'm waiting on parts?:help:help:help

Unfortunate, but early failure is a rather common happening, it's part of the "bathtub" curve (named for the shape of the curve) that usually appears when failures vs time are plotted.

BTW - please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46055 - I'm adding the info to your thread title. Please add it yourself in future posts to the tech forums - helps you, may help other people.

Congratulations on the new bike..

Picked up a new r1200rt Saturday rode 121 miles parked it came out early this morning looking forward for another ride and saw a puddle of oil under the bike rear shock puked out all the oil,time for olins already?guess its a good time time to send the seat to Russell daylong while I'm waiting on parts?:help:help:help

This may sound silly, but what year was the BMW R1200RT? From your description of the problem, this is not a new R1220RT.

Last edited:
Back