• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Whales are air cooled

T-foiler

Let me see if I have this correct, whales radiate their heat to the ocean and the ocean radiates that heat to the atmosphere; therefore whales are air cooled ;)

There's "whale oil" isn't there?

This means whales are then at least partially oil cooled.

Let me see if I have this correct, whales radiate their heat to the ocean and the ocean radiates that heat to the atmosphere; therefore whales are air cooled ;)

Convection - convection

The whale is water cooled. The ocean is air cooled. The atmosphere, land and water are heated by solar radiation.

Last edited:
Where is their sight glass?
Do they need higher ZDDP levels?

"Hi, are you two gals from Scotland?"
"That's WALES, you idiot."
"Oh, I'm sorry, are you two whales from Scotland?"

Everybody knows whales are oil cooled. Why else would all those guys chase Moby Dick except to collect the whale oil?

Huh, what is the viscosity of whale oil?
How often would I have to change it?

It's an extremely low viscosity, like 3-In-1. Not positive about this, but it's my understanding that the oil is actually part of their sonar reception setup.
Change it when it darkens and turns to goo... "fathom" that!

Back