• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Food

ALIENHITCHHIKER

Dear veteran rally rats,

This will be my first MOA rally. I plan to camp & am wondering about the food situation - should I pack some food and a campstove or are there plenty of vendors with reasonably priced, reasonably digestible grub?

Will there be high grade "coffee snob" coffee for my morning fix? I'm starting to jones just thinking about it.

Steve (pure & virginal) Forst

Everyone just packs wonder bread, peanut butter, and cheap jelly for rallies :laugh . But seriously, there will be vendors and there's eats nearby. However, I have no clue about real coffee (it is Ohio after all :D ), so what I do is bring my plastic french press and some good stuff, then bum/buy hot water off a vendor. If there is good coffee, then no worries, but I'm covered.
That help? I'm sure Sue will be filling us in as the date approaches on what will be on site, and there's already info on what's nearby.
Greg

Greg, thanks for the info.

I think I'll take your advice & bring my press and some beans.
It's a dirty little habit, but it's mine! See you there.

Steve

There actually is a Coffee Committee... so even that should be covered. There will be lots of food, I know the last time I was in Lima, Sue, Brian, and I were diligently testing and comparing food vendors. There are going to be some good ones.

I'm bringing some cheese and beer sticks(spicy salty sausage that encourages drinking beer) just in case I have a withdrawal.

Mark11LT said:
I'm bringing some cheese and beer sticks(spicy salty sausage that encourages drinking beer) just in case I have a withdrawal.
Bring some curds to the solstace so we can sample that badger delicacy.

Food (and coffee) Vendors

Hi all ---

We will have 12 food vendors on-site, from the local service groups to the guy who makes ice cream with his John Deere engine... You can get everything from fried chicken and fresh sandwiches, to deep fried road-kill on a stick.

(Just checking to see if you are paying attention)

The Yankee beemers have offered to prepare your Rally coffee which will be FREE, made in 100-cup percolators. For folks with refined coffee tastes, we also have an expresso / cappucino vendor.

something for everything, I do believe............

:thumb

lorazepam said:
Bring some curds to the solstace so we can sample that badger delicacy.

I'll through them in the hot side bag to keep em fresh. By the way I be in Daytona the 21st of you want to swing up for a free dinner(very lax expense account), just mention your interested in a flexographic press you would like to buy at least once....

Yes! All my food & caffeine deprivation anxieties have been allayed.

Just keep me away from MARK11LTs beer sausages because, baby, I don't need no encouragin'

See you all there. I'm going to go now and sharpen my tent pegs.

Steeev

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Hi all ---

We will have 12 food vendors on-site, from the local service groups to the guy who makes ice cream with his John Deere engine... You can get everything from fried chicken and fresh sandwiches, to deep fried road-kill on a stick.

something for everything, I do believe............

:thumb

So we are going to have the deep fried Twinkies! Alright.

>For folks with refined coffee tastes, we also have an expresso / cappucino vendor.

Thanks Sue, I knew you'd come through! One less thing to pack :clap .
Cheers, Greg

Back