• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Arai Vector 2 - Phil Read

bikerpaul

Does anyone else here ride with an Arai Vector version 1 Phil Read Helmet? I've been riding with this helmet for a couple years and love the design b/c it's more than a single color but not too drastic. It's easily the best helmet I've worn.

phil-read-collection-300x300.jpg

I've recently found out that there is a new version for the Arai Vector 2 that should be out early next year.

arai-vector-2-phil-read-white-1.jpg

The only thing I'm not 100% on is the British flag on the front of the helmet (opinions welcome). On my current helmet I put an American flag over the British one but I'm having second thoughts about whether that really matters or not. Phil Read was a British rider.

The current Arai Vector 2 - Classic Star is VERY similar to the Phil Read edition, but without the flag. Has a 4 point starburst on the side...pretty classy looking without some of the intense graphics of other helmets...

And as to displaying a Union Jack instead of Old Glory, no problem. Phil was of course a Brit, so it's a just a tribute to his achievements.

On one of my earlier helmets, I attached a Scottish Saltire flag, and got nothing but compilments. (Of course my family is of Scots descent!)

Cheers!:drink

Back