• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Duplicolor match for Titan Silver '07 R1200RT

drswift

I want to repaint the side cases on my '07 RT. Looking for a good match for 764 Titan Silver Metallic paint in a Duplicolor Spray can. (Last resort will be ordering Colorite, but I'd rather pick something up locally.) Suggestions?

Can't help with a Duplicolor number that would get the job done, but I have another source for do-it-yourself spray can paint, should you wish to try it.
It's RS Motorbike paint at www.rsbikepaint.com from the UK. They can fix you up with color and clear spray cans you're looking for. I bought some paint from them and was pleased with the customer response and info they provided, and they use paypal. Can't comment on color match, mine was also Titan Silver, since I will have the work professionally sprayed over the winter.

Dave,

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46055

I've added this info in the hope that someone with an '07 R1200RT with titan silver may open the thread.

Dunno if it's the same, but "Titan Silver" was a popular BMW car color in the early 2000's.. (my M-Coupe is Titan Silver). There are also custom paint places that will match almost any color, in dab-it-on bottles and spray cans. The glossy silver colors BMW used also have a clearcoat that will change the color, so it's really needed if you're doing more then a chip.

I want to repaint the side cases on my '07 RT. Looking for a good match for 764 Titan Silver Metallic paint in a Duplicolor Spray can. (Last resort will be ordering Colorite, but I'd rather pick something up locally.) Suggestions?

Dave,

Went searching the web, as I sometimes have to very specific in doing motorcycle appraisals and the color (colour) description has to be exact along with codes. Found this and I hope it can shed some light on your search:

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes/silvers.htm

R1200R paralever color 2007

In this discussion on silver color, it reminded me of a scratch on my 2007 R1200R's paralever. In this discussion on sources of paint has anyone information on a rattle can paint match or other less expensive sources ? I'd say this would be considered a chassis color...any feedback would be appreciated.

Back