• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scala g9 and 2011 r12rt working

T-foiler

I have a paired G9 and 2011 - radio sounds great
paired G9 and iphone - calls work fabulous
paired G9 and Teamset unit - intercom works wonderful
$75 dongle from iphone to bike - ipone will not play music through the helmet, I have the music in a BMW list on the phone.

Any Ideas, please

How's the wind noise? Mine is terrible - bout ready to give up.........

Everyone using (wife, bike to bike and paired up w/ four people) has their vox set on low, gain set on low and using the large wind sock.

Most are Nolan modular, some Shuberth but all full face.

R1200ST - not much of a windshield
Honda ST 1300 - lots of windshield
R1200GS - w/lip

Any ideas?

Why are you connecting the phone to the radio and trying to use the BT at the same time? If you are listening to music via the headset I don't understand why it needs to be connected to the dongle unless maybe there's some charging taking place.

My initial guess is the hardline connection of the dongle overrides the BT connection. Have you tried a phone call through your headset with the iPhone hooked to the bike with the dongle?

Called Scala Rider about the unit not playing the music from the phone and they said with what you have paired our unit is working fine, talk to BMW about this not working. I don't have time to pursue them, so I'm thinking that I should return the G9 as my teamset works about the same and I'll get my $300 back.
Then Gadgetech give me a gentle dope slap, and I try the phone without using the dongle and it works grand - playing the ipod app off the phone :dance . Thanks Gadgetech!
As for wind noise, with an Arai RXQ and the r12rt there is no wind noise, but I'm a cabinetmaker so that might explain why my setup is so quiet.

Last edited:
Back