• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bill Engstrom 500,000 miles

ibjman

I recently purchased an old high mileage (235,000) 1985 K100rt from a reseller that was last registered to "William Engstrom" In Palm Springs, CA.
Upon dis-assembly I found a BMW 500,000 mi. award placard affixed to the dash. I learned from the reseller that Mr. Engstrom requested the part back but never contacted them. My net search ran out of leads when his last address came back as no lnger there.
I have cleaned up this valuable memento and am lovingly storing it for Mr. Engstrom of possably his heirs.
If anyone has ANY knowledge or history about Bill, I would love to talk.
Surely with over 500,000 miles of BMW riding history there must be any number of members that know Bill or something about him.
Please help me get this wonderful award back in it's rightful place, with Bill.
Contact ibjman@cox.net

This is one of those I-wanna-know-what-happens posts!

Noel

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Contact the BMW MOA Office, it's possible this guy also applied for the
High mileage awards from the MOA.
They might be able to give an address!

Good luck!

"William Engstrom" In Palm Springs CA or Bill Engstrom.

500,000 BMW miles

Someone has to know this guy!

Dealer maybe?

Attachments

• imagesCARDZVD0.jpg
    imagesCARDZVD0.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 253
Could it be an automotive award? Yes, I see it came off a bike, but stranger things........

It appears that the BMW Riders of Mississippi, Chapter #15 has or had a member named Bill Engstrom. Their site will not let me look at a member list, but if you Google his name and their club his name comes up in several citatations. Perhaps a phone call will resolve this.

Last edited:
So far.....no luck on this

Maybe someone with BMW Dealer access can do some searching on the service history of this 235,000 K100RT?

VIN: WB1051404F0053257

Please show me a history on this well used (up) machine! I bought this as a parts bike........there were hardly any useable parts on it.

UPDATE, I did get it running yesterday (only 3 of 4 firing) & managed to ride it around the block.
It appears that the transmission and final drive may be salvageable for re-use. I'm guessing it has a bad valve on #4 cyl as that one has little or no compression even though it still has some adjustment clearance. The forks and rear wheel may also be useable. The front wheel flanges are bent out from impact with a curb?????...
I have cleaned out the fuel pump & tank, & the fuel pump makes 50 psi, but unfortunately.......I had to seal up the top of it's housing with JB weld and I appearntly got the permanant magnets re-installed backwards because polarity needs to be reversed in order to make it pump in the correct direction so this pump is a "tester" only. I'm straightening the tank and adding a small amount of filler to areas I can't completely reach, then I'll primer it and install the test pump with a new isolater from EME.......the tank looks good with no leaks or corrosion.
I need to find a tank cap........anyone have one to donate....maybe has no key?
Thanks, IBJMAN

500,000 BMW miles

Sent this message to BMW Mission Awards, online now, maybe they can track him down!

Trying to locate a William Engstrom" In Palm Springs CA or Bill Engstrom.

Maybe from Mississippi?

500,000 BMW miles

Someone has to know this guy!

He sold his bike with a 500,000 Mile Award attached.

1985 K100rt

VIN: WB1051404F0053257

Trying to get this award back to the owner, please help!

Might try posting on the airhead beemers mailing list. I know it's a K bike but that serious of a rider probably gets around

Would be great to find this guy! Love a good mystery!

However, has anyone considered that he might have acquired the item through some other means. Possibly on some other bike he purchased or at a garage sale, etc.

I would think that these emblems should be numbered! They would have a lot more meaning then.

No one by that name shows up as a forum member. Also, that name doesn't appear in the on-line listing of mileage award recepients. The name Engstrom doesn't appear within a search of the Airheads bulletin board.

Back