• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100RT Radio info?

Liftrat

Greetings,

I recently bought a '96 R1100RT with the factory radio installed. There is no information in the OEM manual about it's operation, and several searches have turned up nothing of use. Does anyone have a copy of the factory radio manual (if there is such a thing), or perhaps a link? I do have the security code, but that's it.
Also, I was told that the two jacks on the bike are for a J&M intercom. I can't find anything on the J&M site about a system that old; would anyone have any information about that. too?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a .PDF file manual for the R1150RT radio if it will help. If it looks like this send me a PM with your email address.

R1150RTradio.jpg

PAS, thank you for the offer, but unfortunately I believe our radios are different enough that it wouldn't be of much help. Mine looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 76
Conrad I have been unable to post anything to this site for days. Not sure if I'm the only one or not.

I cant even high light a name to get private info so I couldnt send it to you anyway.

BUT it still may help explain how it works even though they dont look exactly alike.

You would have to post your email address here to do so.

Man, I'd love to have a radio and speakers on my 04RT. I have good earbuds, and one helmet equipped with speakers, but none is quite as convenient as having an on-bike system.

PAS, I'm having the same problem; tried clicking on your name, with no results. If you'd still like to send that pdf. (and it just might have some good info) my email is revcone at hotmail.com.

Radio system

Man, I'd love to have a radio and speakers on my 04RT. I have good earbuds, and one helmet equipped with speakers, but none is quite as convenient as having an on-bike system.

Tried to PM you

I have a Radio system from my 00RT(sold) that i did not install. I have the Box, Mount and Radio. NO Speakers. PM me or email sh996@yahoo.com for more info.

Back