Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2009 R1200RT Tupperwear (Fairing) Polish

Mission, TX
    I have never used the Honda cleaner & polish for anything other than basic cleaning (which I hate doing without a proper bike wash) and giving the bike a light coating of polish/wax. For example it's really good to use while on the road where you might not have access to soap and water.

If your car paint is damaged I think you need to use some special products to get it back into condition. After you've done that you can go back to quick & dirty (no pun intended) methods of cleaning your car, bike, train, etc.

My blog:

Call Meguire's customer service and tell them what you have and what you want to accomplish and you will get the best advice possible. I have their Dual Action Polisher with various pads and it makes it easy work. Some products are very difficult to work with(swirl-smudge) if there is high humidity. You cannot burn paint with this tool as it does not attain extreme r.p.m. like a wheel used in a body shop. On the 2009 RT I use Honda Plastic Polish (the press cap bottle that comes in a box, not the spray can) after washing I apply with a terry applicator and buff off with a cotton towel stolen from a motel(they work the best). If I'm being very anal and have nothing else to do, I will follow with an application of spray clean/polish, which really brings out the finish.

Calgary, Alberta
    Thanks for the tips! I'm going to learn how to do this.
    Last edited by Rinty; 11-10-2012 at 11:29 PM.

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Ed Kilner #176066
    Mississauga, ON
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridefar View Post
    I will follow with an application of spray clean/polish, which really brings out the finish.
    What spray do you use? Doers it not remove the wax you just applied?
    2015 R1200RT; 2011 R1200RT RIP; 2000 Triumph 900 (sold)