• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How many helmets do you own?

Currently in inventory
For bike
Nolan 103 - noisy POS with a nice latch
Shoei Neotec - replacing above
Shoei RF 1000- 2, my preferred full face for bikes

Bike helmets equipped with Scala bluetooth sets...

Other
4 helmets for track use in cars, with and without vent hookups, plus a 3/4 helmet. Mostly Bell with an HJC.

I tried on a System 6 a few weeks ago, and quite like it, but I'm intrigued by the new HJC RPHA Max.

Anyone have this?

I only have 1 helmet in use which is an Arai Vector. I have all my previous helmets except the Arai that backed into with my truck. I was so pissed, I had to throw it away to keep from looking at a reminder of a stupid moment. Doh!

No longer in use.
- Harley Modular
- Harley half

Two active: Schuberth C3 and a Shoei RF1100 that I use for dusty dirty rides

I have 4 or 5 inactive helmets around.

3 for me

Arai Corsair - touring with Sena BT
Scorpion EXO-1100 - my solo riding helmet
Icon Variant - dual sport

4 currently

1 - Canadian Tire Ranger Snowmobile with a liner that falls out

1 - CKX Modular (Now converted with double shield and breath guard to replace CTC snowmobile)

1 - Shuberth C3 which is my favorite for trips

1 - Chinese no name brand modular I got off flea bay for $10. Use it daily but plan to replace in the spring.

Two, a silver Nolan N100E, that was a birthday present from my wife back in 2007, and a white Schuberth C3 that I got right after the first of this year. The Nolan is very nice for an inexpensive helmet.

I am impressed with the replies. It seems that almost everyone has a primary and a back up helmet. Beyond that, the helmets take on specific functions, or are left over from rides gone by.

The answer to my own question is two:
1) a black Shoei RF 1100, that fits well, vents well and is set up with a helmet camera mount. It matches the paint on both by bikes: '74 R90/6 and '01 R1150GS.
2) My newer helmet is a light silver Nolan N104 that I bought in Sedalia this past summer. It matches the aluminum on my bikes. I like the full face feature and low noise level.

I currently have 5 in the house. 2 are my wife's the other three are mine. I did just orde r a kbc ff from Motorcycle Superstore that should be here Monday. At 79.99 i couldn t resist. Helmets are kinda of like guitars for me. If my wife found out how many i had it any given moment there would be hell to pay.

Helmet Count

I have way too many obsolete helmets hanging around. One of these days I'm going to use them for target practice! :p

Here in the midwest, we store the old helmets in the basement for use when the tornado sirens come on. :nod

Back