• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How many helmets do you own?

Ridingman1
How many helmets do you own and why? I am thinking about getting a third helmet and would like a reality check for owning three helmets.

I have bought 8 helmets since 1970. I still have all but one of them. My first helmet (a stars & stripes) was stolen from my bike in high school.

Mine,wife's, kid's, other kid's, stepson's, and an old one that saved my grey matter 7 years ago. Gave away or trashed my older ones.

My BMW System 1, System 2, System 3, System 4, and System 5 are all retired. Currently riding wearing System 6. I've never alternated between multiple helmets at the same time. Just one at a time.

2, but only one that I use. Total in the house is like 8, but that includes all family members helmets.

I only use a single HJC CL15. It's due for replacement next season.

I have way too many obsolete helmets hanging around. One of these days I'm going to use them for target practice! :p

Bell Moto III 1979 vintage with old race stickers!
Shoei RF900
Shoei RF1100
All the others are gone :cry

Most of these are his and her pairs:

2 Schuberth Concepts (retired)
2 C2's, used occasionally
2 C3's used almost daily
2 Nolan N102's (retired)
2 Caberg Justissmo's (retired)
Shoei TZ-1 (my first helmet, not a modular, will use if needed)
Modular Shoei (unknown model, not currently used, its the spouses)
Fox dirt bike helmet, with a girly design, only used when I'm playing in the dirt

I currently have 4 in the house.
One is a pink paisley Speed and Strength. It belongs to the wifey.
I have a Nolan N-104 i wear dailey.
I have a Bell Arrow I wear if the 104 Ncom is charging.
I have a Fox dirtbike helmet that is used in the dirt or when on the 4 wheeler.

My BMW System 1, System 2, System 3, System 4, and System 5 are all retired. Currently riding wearing System 6. I've never alternated between multiple helmets at the same time. Just one at a time.

Where and how do you obtain them?

Four motorcycle helmets - two in current use, one bycycle helmet, one ski helmet, four retired firefighting helmets (plus two that I still use that are actually owned by my employer). :D

How many helmets do you own and why? I am thinking about getting a third helmet and would like a reality check for owning three helmets.

21 that I still have. Why I don't know. Lined up in my hanger and home. Good for reminising those past rides I would guess.

Jack

Five lined up on the garage shelf: my current helmet, the damaged Shoei that saved my life last year (to remind me that I'm not invincible anymore), two older helmets that don't match my current bike, but I keep them as spares or loaners, and one failed experiment with a cheap modular that won't stay open.

Back