• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 GTL Trailer Hitch?

Anyone have lead(s) on a trailer hitch for the 2013 K1600GLT and associated wiring that protects the CANBUS?

I would check with Bushtec. They have the wiring figured out from earlier canbus models and may have a hitch , at least in the design stage.

I picked up another GTL in January, and installed a Bushtec in place of the DMC hitch I had on my previous K16. For the electrical, you can also get an isolator from Bushtec, or just purchase an isolator directly from Electrical Connection.

Hitch Installed

Thank you everyone for your input. I went with the DMC hitch and it was pretty easy to install. Took about 3 hours going slow. As for the wiring, all was included except I needed to buy a device that integrates the turn signal and brake lights (wires) since I use a four wire (three with ground) plug. Just got back from a trip to Grand Canyon and trailer pulls great and all electrical is fine. Thanks again!

Back