• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'07 r1200rtp

AK Steve

AK Steve
Am I crazy to think I can remove the authority electric system? I want to remove the second battery, the unused wiring and switches,just clean it up. Anyone had any success at doing this? Or should I just leave it all in place.

RTP Electrical System

Steve,
I have an 06 RTP and decided to take on the aux. battery removal. Got down to the battery after removing all the body panels and fuel tank, now I am stuck. There seems to be little help upon the subject.
It appears the battery has a charge relay located just below itself in the battery compartment. I thought of removing all the wiring leading back to the fuse box but the more I look the more difficult the project becomes. I suspect that removal of the battery will require removing the relay and isolating the battery terminals but I am afraid to do so as it appears two of the relay wire are from one of the body computers.
At this point I believe I am going to put the whole thing back together with the battery in place unless I can find someone that can confirm my guesses. Seems too bad not to be able to find more information on how to make this a more civilized bike.
Bob

I took out the auxiliary battery, routed the cables under the tank, attached them to the main battery and left the timer delay relay in place. This way all the police wiring is energized and I can run my GPS and lights from it. Nothing has blown up yet.

Back