• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ambient temp thermometer for my 05 R1200 GS

rrookey

RROOKEY
I was just wondering what people are using for a thermometer to check the ambient temperature while riding, I think I saw a cooking thermometer secured to someone handle bars once but I cant remember.. just looking for ideas.. and I searched the threads first and didn't find much.:bikes

Thanks

Thermometer

I like the Wunderlich too but here is another for consideration.
$52.00 at Amazon.com
Formotion ELA-20710 Electro Luminescent

BMW = Bring Massive Wallet
'07 GSA

I've done it at least three ways. The problem to avoid is the thermometer/case heating in the sun giving abnormally high readings - 188F anybody??

My F650 Funduro had a mechanics air conditioning thermometer in its tube case wire tied down a wiring harness by the handlebars. It worked fairly well. My R1150 has a windshield extension and has a Motofizz thermometer from Aerostich attached to the back of the extension. It is at eye level and in the breeze of the laminar flow behind the extension. It reads 1 or 2 degrees high when moving, if in the sun.

My K75 came with an indoor-outdoor thermometer mounted to the dash panel with the outdoor probe up under the triple tree where it is in the air flow but also in the shade. On the indoor setting the case sitting in the sun might register 10 to 20 degrees warmer than the outdoor setting using the shaded probe.

Had one

I had the wonderluch on my R1100RT. It was accurate as long as I was moving. I saw from 30* f to 99*f on that bike.

The R1200R has a clock and thermometer in the display.

I want a compass.

David

Back