• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Website problems...?

lmo1131

Kurt, Steve, et al.,..

A few days ago I got an AVG virus alert when I tried to log onto the forums. The next day the site was down for a few hours after which I no longer got the alert.

It now appears that the FleaMarket has no photographs, and when I tried to contact Kurt (by clicking on his avatar) that nothing happens...

Related? :dunno

Is, or did, anyone else encounter this problem?

didn't know where to post this...

That's right, there are some features that don't work right now. Check the Forum Software Help area for other posts on this. The office knows...we haven't heard what kind of things they're working on to resolve this. It's a real drag right now with some of the forum features down... :(

Kurt, Steve, et al.,..

A few days ago I got an AVG virus alert when I tried to log onto the forums. The next day the site was down for a few hours after which I no longer got the alert.

It now appears that the FleaMarket has no photographs, and when I tried to contact Kurt (by clicking on his avatar) that nothing happens...

Related? :dunno

Is, or did, anyone else encounter this problem?

didn't know where to post this...

I got the same AVG virus warning and of course it wouldn't let me log on to the discussion board to report it. I sent the message through to one of the contacts at the bottom of the home page, but didn't hear if it got through.

I got the same AVG virus warning and of course it wouldn't let me log on to the discussion board to report it. I sent the message through to one of the contacts at the bottom of the home page, but didn't hear if it got through.

I was able to contact BMW MOA by email, and then by phone. I had an issue, where my anti-virus warned me that a file was being downloaded to my computer from the BMW MOA web site. I quickly disconnected from the web site. I thorough scan of my computer indicated no harm done.

Harry

I had an issue, where my anti-virus warned me that a file was being downloaded to my computer from the BMW MOA web site. I quickly disconnected from the web site. Harry

The first post I saw about the web site being infected was Sep. 19th.
I wonder why it's taking so long to fix the problem? They keep saying they're working on it, but 6 weeks seems like a long time.
I'm temped to stay off the site and call the office every week or so to see if the site is safe.

What happened to Quick Links?
OK so slap me.
Not to pile on.
Appreciate all efforts on our behalf.

No pictures in flea market?????????

Due to issues with the virus last week, the pictures were turned off by the Office in order to limit how the virus could get into the system. I talked to them this morning and they'll look into getting things back on line.

So, for now, still under construction!

Edit: Just checked...a few pictures are showing up, so things are beginning to come back...

Has the virus been removed from the site?

Everything has been good since the 26th. As I mentioned in other threads, keep the antivirus software up to date and if you can check the AV logs, it will give you a better idea of whats up. Thanks to all for your patience. OM

Everything has been good since the 26th. As I mentioned in other threads, keep the antivirus software up to date and if you can check the AV logs, it will give you a better idea of whats up. Thanks to all for your patience. OM

Thanks for the reply.
After today I had planned to bail out for awhile and call the office to see when all was clear.
I've been watching the virus threads and missed that the problem was taken care of a couple days ago.

If this happens again, is it possible for emails to be sent out warning members the site was infected? From reading the posts, some members were getting a virus warning the last 5 or 6 weeks, but I have the feeling most members were not aware of the problem.
If a mass email is not possible here, can one of the admins start a Tread stating the site has a virus?

If a mass email is not possible here, can one of the admins start a Tread stating the site has a virus?

RE: mass emails, there was a massive site hack last February which required everyone to reset their passwords. As I recall, that took quite a bit of effort to work through that to include sending out emails. So, doing something like this may need some effort.

If a thread were started about the virus, wouldn't you be pretty much compromised by coming to the forum and reading the thread? You would have subjected yourself to the virus in order to read the thread. Kind of a Catch-22...

Work is going on behind the scenes...recently the office had a change to their operating system/software, so that has to be factored in. That had, of course, had no bearing on what happened with the virus.

Needless to say, it's somewhat complicated.

Thanks for the reply.
After today I had planned to bail out for awhile and call the office to see when all was clear.
I've been watching the virus threads and missed that the problem was taken care of a couple days ago.

If this happens again, is it possible for emails to be sent out warning members the site was infected? From reading the posts, some members were getting a virus warning the last 5 or 6 weeks, but I have the feeling most members were not aware of the problem.
I suppose something like that would be possible under perfect conditions but it seems this particular problem affected everyone a little different..Right now the forum controls are off as well. There are always a number of things in the works so everyone can be assured we are trying to keep everything running as smooth as possible and everyone informed the best we can. OM

There are always a number of things in the works so everyone can be assured we are trying to keep everything running as smooth as possible and everyone informed the best we can. OM

I appreciate all the work of the mods and admins of running the site, but I guess I missed the threads by the admins that the site was infected and what steps were in place to correct the problem.

BTW, I never had a problem with spam email until the site was hacked this winter, now I get hit every day. So when I see posts for the last 6 weeks that the site is infected and I don't hear anything from the admins I'm a little concerned.

When these hackers and virus developer idiots are caught, they should have their freak'in arms cut off. Second offense, remove their eyes and use them for fish food.

Back