• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Heading to Alaska June 15th, 2013. Looking for riding partners

D

daddykevin

I'm planning a ride from Ft. Worth to Alaska on June 15th, 2013. I'm planning on 3 weeks and will primarily camp along the way.

I'm looking for 1 or 2 more riders to join me on the trip. I'm a 53 year old Financial Planner, 35 years experience on the bike and have wanted to make this trip for several years.

If anyone is interested, or knows of someone who might be interested, please contact me.

Thanks,

Kevin Nichols
daddykevin@msn.com

You might have better luck if you post over on Adventure Rider. There are two sub-forums that may offer some help finding a partner. The Alaska forum (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68) has inmates who are very experienced in riding in the north. The Trip Planning - Americas forum (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57) almost always has a couple of active threads by folks planning rides to Alaska; sometimes they are seeking riding partners. It looks like your timing is such that you could attend Dust 2 Dawson on 20-21 June in Dawson City, Yukon Territory. There is info about D2D on the Alaska forum; great way to meet local (AK & Yukon) riders as well as riders from around the world.

My last bit of info. The ride to AK and back is perhaps the best part of the experience. Don't treat BC and the Yukon like a driveway. Here's a route that will knock your socks off: Get to Cody WY - Take Hwy 120 north from Cody to Hwy 296 (Chief Joseph Byway) - Ride the Chief Joseph Byway to the Beartooth Hwy and then over the Beartooth Pass to Red Lodge, MT - Ride from Red Lodge on Hwy 78 to Absarokee and then north to Hwy 12 - Hwy 12 west to Helena then I15 north to exit 200 (6 miles of slab) - west on Hwy 279 over Flesher Pass to Hwy 200 - East to Hwy 287 to Hwy 89, north to Hwy 2 then west thru Glacier Park (or go all the way to St Mary and ride the "Road to the Sun" thru the park) - Hwy 2 to Bonners Ferry ID - North into BC and go to Crawford Bay - ferry (free) to Balfour - then Kaslo, New Denver, Nakusp - North to ferry from Shelter Bay to Galena Bay (free) - Hwy 1 to Hwy 93 (Banff Park) - west on 93 to Jasper (Icefield Parkway)- (Hwy 16 Yellowhead Hwy) - west on Hwy 16 to Kitwanga - Hwy 37 (Cassiar Hwy) to Hyder turn off (side trip to Hyder AK well worth the 80 mile round trip) - Cassiar north to ALCAN vicinity Watson Lake - ALCAN to Whitehorse - Klondike Hwy north from Whitehorse to Dawson City - ferry across the Yukon (free) to the Top of the World Hwy and Taylor Hwy (100+ miles of dirt) thru Chicken Alaska back to ALCAN vicinity Tok - ALCAN to Delta then Richardson Hwy to Fairbanks.

Back