• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fairing screw locations

toshibgood

Hi Guys

I've completed the "fettling" for the airbox on my 2006 K1200GT.

I'm trying to figure out exactly which length screw goes where for the fairings and such. My maintenance DVD that I got from the previous owner does not really say, I don't think it is a "factory DVD" though. Anybody know if the the Genuine DVD has that info or is there a chart of some sort that says which length goes where?
I'd hate to do some damage by putting a longer screw where a shorter one should be. I would think the service guys would know and I'm waiting to hear from Calmoto here in California to reply to my question.

By the way, the "fettling" went well and it runs really good but I need to run it during some hotter weather to be sure. I'll post the results if someone is interested.

Thanks

John

Thanks Gilly, I'm on it.

The fettling involves lightly sanding an area in the airbox and a "distribution cap"

www.parabolicalabs.com/fettle/fettlev1.htm

I hope it is ok to put this here. I did not get any permission but I think its OK.

Thanks for the help. I love this site

John :love

Thanks for explaining fettle and providing the link.
You may want to start a new post with the link so one of the mods can make it a sticky.

Back