• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1994 K75 valve adjust needed?

Copied from Motobrick.com:

In order to adjust the valves (by installing different thickness shims) on a K75 or 2V K100, you need a couple of special tools: one to compress the valve spring and another to hold it down while you swap the shims. The Clymer manual lists these as part numbers 111720 and 111722 respectively. You can by them from BMW for $100 (see attached drawing below)

Or you can purchase some homemade ones:
(text from a post by Chaos)

Yes, "Valve Adjusting Tools" and ÔÇ£Clutch PilotsÔÇØ are available for the BMW 2 valve "K" engine.
ÔÇ£Valve Adjusting ToolsÔÇØ (both K75 & K100) are 2 pieces made from 3/16ÔÇØ Laser cut steel. Working contours are identical to factory tools. "Valve Adjusting Tools" are new, from steel, w/ instructions.

"Valve Adjusting Tools" for BMW 2 valve "K" engines are $28 S/H included.
Clutch pilots for BMW K's (both K75 & K100) are available also. New, from steel.
Clutch Pilots for BMW K's , are $18.50 S/H included.

Cashiers Check, Money Order or Personal Check are welcome.
ÔÇ£Pay PalÔÇØ accepted also. Please apply ÔÇ£Pay PalÔÇØ to:
polepenhollow@yahoo.com

I bought and used these tools. They worked fine and are made to last. They ship from WA state.

Rich,

Just talked to him this morning. He's back in Illinois again.
I've updated the prices in this old email. They are current as of today:

Date: April 7, 2008 3:16:01 PM PDT
To: judy fulton <lee.fulton@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: K-bike valve tools

Hi Lee
Yes, I have BMW "K" engine Valve Adj tools available for the 2 valve "K" engine.

The 2 Pieces are made from 3/16” Laser cut steel. Working contours are identical to factory tools. Tools are new. Tools come w/ instruction sheet.
$28 S/H included.

Clutch pilots for K's are available also. New, from steel
$18.50 S/H included.

“Pay Pal” to Polepenhollow, Cashiers Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks accepted.
I ship as soon as Pay Pal is posted or the check arrives.

Thanks, Good Luck and Good Riding.
Kenneth Lively
318 S Hart St
Palatine Il 60067

polepenhollow@yahoo.com
847-561-8555

Kenneth is a good guy that is doing our community a great service! I've used my set on over 30 valve adjustments (mostly other peoples) and they work great!!

:dance:dance:dance

Rich,

Just talked to him this morning. He's back in Illinois again.
I've updated the prices in this old email. They are current as of today:

Date: April 7, 2008 3:16:01 PM PDT
To: judy fulton <lee.fulton@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: K-bike valve tools

Hi Lee
Yes, I have BMW "K" engine Valve Adj tools available for the 2 valve "K" engine.

The 2 Pieces are made from 3/16ÔÇØ Laser cut steel. Working contours are identical to factory tools. Tools are new. Tools come w/ instruction sheet.
$28 S/H included.

Clutch pilots for K's are available also. New, from steel
$18.50 S/H included.

ÔÇ£Pay PalÔÇØ to Polepenhollow, Cashiers Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks accepted.
I ship as soon as Pay Pal is posted or the check arrives.

Thanks, Good Luck and Good Riding.
Kenneth Lively
318 S Hart St
Palatine Il 60067

polepenhollow@yahoo.com
847-561-8555

Kenneth is a good guy that is doing our community a great service! I've used my set on over 30 valve adjustments (mostly other peoples) and they work great!!

:dance:dance:dance

I agree completely. I happen to have a factory set and one of Ken's sets - one in Kansas, the other in Texas. The use of one set or the other is totally interchangeable. He makes a quality tool that will last several lifetimes.

Back