• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scootin around

Justscootin

Jeff Wilson life member
Just came in from riding my c650 gt and I have to say after ring it for a week and having not ridden for over 12 years this scooter leaves me no worries. This ride handles in the twisties I have used every bit of rubber on it and if it had more I would be able to use it

Attachments

• IMG-20121018-00007.jpg
    IMG-20121018-00007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 229
Now tell us about your Isetta. I used to have one.

I bought this Isetta in 1997 as a project. The engine was a seized paper weight and the car was up to its axle in mud. Everything was on the car badges and logo's, I took every nut and bolt off the car and restored it from the axle up to the sunroof. The project was 2 1/2 years. I drove it for about 6-7 years and one of the last drives was to the national in trenton. The car is now for sale as I have not used it and it is time to part ways.

Could you tell us how many miles on a tank on the scooter you get vs. MPG? Also talk about throttle control/response ,feel and brakes response/feel? . Thank you in advance.

I get about 180 miles on a tank as it is still new I expect the distance to rise a little when I start touring on it next spring. The tank is small at 16 litres compared to most bmw bikes. From the stop light it takes a moment to kick in but when it does it goes quick. When you are moving as an example 40mph and crank it it will take off like any bike and accelerate to very high speeds fast. The bike will brake hard and fast with very little nose dive. Overall the scooter feels very light due to the low Centre of gravity and handles very well at all speeds.

Out riding again 18 degrees today so I went to the forks of the credit

Attachments

• IMG-20121111-00032.jpg
    IMG-20121111-00032.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 72
Close to 1000 km on the scooter and time for the first oil change (one day this week) having a great time on it.

Attachments

• IMG-20121111-00033.jpg
    IMG-20121111-00033.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 75
This is the tightest corner on the credit. A pick-up with a u haul trailer was just in front of me that took up both lanes on this corner that is why I stopped to let him get far away from me. I still caught up to him about 2 minutes later

Attachments

• IMG-20121111-00037.jpg
    IMG-20121111-00037.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 75
Back