• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tool Kit Changes

I've only pulled out the tool kit on my '95 K75RT once while on the road in 75K plus miles. It was because I needed the $20 dollar bill I kept in there when I left my wallet at home. I might adjust the dollar amount for inflation. I do carry a small air compressor, just in case.

i-c8wkhbS-L.jpg

try doing basic stuff in the driveway at home with the tools you have on the bike. Can you change out a sparkplug, get to a radiator hose or do a basic oil change. For this I have added a few tools to the bike. I have an torx key and an allen key. I added a small adjustable wrench and a small locking pliers. I did just find that the current spark plugs and the wrench in the tool kit don't match. I added something else and I cannot remember it and cannot look at the kit right now. I do have a sticky rubber insert for repairing a flat and a small air pump. (those have been used)

I often will break out the tools I have on the bike to dis assemble the bike to the point I need another tool. I then decide would I want that tool with me if something broke in that area of the bike. For many things it is no because I wouldn't be able to do that repair anyway.

So have a go a learning how your bike comes apart and use your on bike tools.

NCS

In the area behind the seat (under the tail section) I carry 6 sockets, a set of allen head sockets, a 3/8 drive ratchet, three extensions, 4 screwdrivers, an oil filter wrench, two pairs of pliers, 12 combo wrenches, four brake pads, spare headlight, spare tail light, tire repair kit with C02 cartridges, a section of bailing wire, a bunch of zip ties, and a few other odd things. The majority of the tools fit in a bank deposit bag. It fits nicely with the other things packed in after it goes in. anout 10 pounds of stuff.

In the area behind the seat (under the tail section) I carry 6 sockets, a set of allen head sockets, a 3/8 drive ratchet, three extensions, 4 screwdrivers, an oil filter wrench, two pairs of pliers, 12 combo wrenches, four brake pads, spare headlight, spare tail light, tire repair kit with C02 cartridges, a section of bailing wire, a bunch of zip ties, and a few other odd things. The majority of the tools fit in a bank deposit bag. It fits nicely with the other things packed in after it goes in. anout 10 pounds of stuff.

If you have ABS with the computer in the tail section you will not have that much room.

David Sword

Add an 11mm box end wrench for the brake bleed nipples. On long trips I also carry in the tail cowl a tire repair kit, an extra fuel filter, and an extra oil fill cap and o-ring (because it is only $5 and if you ever ride off after forgeting to put it back on after adding oil, ahem, you'll think it was the best $5 you ever spent :) )

you can usually get these free with a coupon. incredibly handy, even in daytime for peeking into nooks and crannies.

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
Back