• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I missed the race today....

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Got a bit of a goofy call to get a plane out of a tree (largess maximus talless plane-catcheress)
A bit of a rigging job. The pilot and passenger manage to "get out of the plane" and somehow make the 40 ft decent to the soft forest floor :thumb

Attachments

• plane crash.jpg
    plane crash.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 208
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Maybe not for the pocketbook, but good for the soul

I recall an incident which was written up in the Mooney Aircraft Pilot News, where a pilot experienced a blown engine, resulting in oil covering his windshield, and he couldn't see out. He glided his Mooney, wings level, into some trees and it came to rest about 50 feet above the ground. The pilot and three passengers somehow managed to scramble to the ground, and the only injury was a strained finger.

The airframe was basically intact. Mooneys are tough birds.

Last edited:
We had to use a crane to pull a Camaro out of the top of a tree.Seems the woman drove off the mountain road right into the treetop.How she got out without falling,at night,in the rain nobody knows.Yes there were a few drinks before that.Ed:hungover:hungover

I went passed the Hopedale airport when a plane was landing yesterday after our meeting - it was a bit gusty

Flying regulations from 1920...pretty much holds for today!

Attachments

• Flying Regulations ca 1920 LR.jpg
    Flying Regulations ca 1920 LR.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 82
Awaiting the autopsy..........
A couple of lucky pilots!

Attachments

• plane ending.jpg
    plane ending.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 39
Back