• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

need some advice on looking at am R90/6

I like to interview the seller a good bit about his ownership of the bike. If the owner hasn't had the bike long and/or doesn't have any history of the bike, then my valuation of the bike and interest in purchasing drops rapidly.

If the owner has kept the bike up the value is higher than if not. This is easy to determine very quickly; consider the owner's attitude and looking at other bikes in garage, looking at maintenance records, and looking at the bike for sale should all give a consistently good vibe. A bike that won't start or has obvious signs of neglect will get a bottom valuation from me (and I'm very unlikely to be interested in purchasing such a bike).

Looks like a $3,900 bike to me! I'd be checking it out. Take cash!

3K73Jd3N85G65U05J3cae1f9eff9ff0c71516.jpg
3K93Nd3H95O15E95W1cae3f1d4aa1ecdf1b63.jpg

lew, those images aren't from the listing i'm looking at. this one looks a bit cleaner. the listing i'm looking at is:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3332297142.html

thanks,

-eric

lew, those images aren't from the listing i'm looking at. this one looks a bit cleaner. the listing i'm looking at is:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3332297142.html

Look again eric. The links you posted are identical (http: ... 3332297142) . I pulled these images from the first link you posted.

And definitely a LWB bike. It's easy enough to spot the extra tube length (previously welded in) once you get used to looking at them.

Early production "extended" swing arm
attachment.php

Later one-piece /6 LWB
010.JPG

SWB for reference.

images

Last edited:
well i waited too late and that one got snatched up a couple of days after my original post... no surprise.

i did get a hold of another '76 R90/6 in black, but it';s definitely more of a "20-foot" bike, maybe even 30-foot. it needs some TLC but i got it for a price that reflects its condition. now i have a project for over the winter. i just wan to make it a reliable solid rider, i'm not real keen on restoring it to perfection, but i will be doing some cosmetic work as well as the mechanical requirements.

i'll be posting a lot of requests for advice here, i hope that will be ok.

thank again,

-eric

i'll be posting a lot of requests for advice here, i hope that will be ok.

thank again,

-eric

Uh, yeah! That's what the Airhead Tech Forum here on the BMW MOA web site is all about. Honestly, I've learned as much or more from others' questions than I have from posting my own.

Good Luck, and many of us really appreciate it when people post progress on their projects here.

Back