• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

International Selkirk Loop - how NOT to do it

jaxthedog

jaxthedog
A long-planned trip on the GSA circumnavigating the vaunted Selkirk Loop (ID, WA, BC) went awry because of my own short-sightedness. More experienced world riders would not have encountered the same do-do. In retrospect, the trip was fun and adventuresome. At the time however...

http://thechurchoftheopenroad.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-beautiful-selkirk-loop-at-night.html

Posted is a little "what not to do" as well as some pictures of half of the Selkirk Loop.

Some day I will wake up smart. :brad

Nice read!

Those roads can be treacherous at night, as you discovered. Nelson is a great little town (I think the only crime there is parking violations!) and the Hume is a wonderful hotel/restaurant. Glad you enjoyed the run down the east side of Kootenay Lake down to Creston.

Next trip keep going north past Balfour to Kaslo and then turn west to New Denver for an hour's worth of the best winding road in BC. From New Denver turn south to Castlegar and then loop back into the US.

Come back soon!

Last edited:
Back