• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Windscreen

acejones

I have a '03 R1150R with the sport screen. I wanted to put a CalSci tall scree on it but that would require changing the brackets. I can get a tall CeeBailey screen without changing brackets. Has anyone out there done this and were you happy with the CeeBailey screen ?

I had the CeeBailey screen on my '04R a few years ago, thought it performed quite well. And nice to be able to quickly swap back to the BMW sport screen during warmer weather.

But...after riding Ducatis the ten years prior to getting the R, I was somewhat used to a lot of airflow. The CeeBailey wasn't big enough to have a really large still pocket of air behind the fairing, but worked fine for me.

YMMV, of course, as the size of the rider and desired performance is quite variable.

Hope that helps a bit...

Cheers!

Bill,
Thanks for the comments. I've had this bike eight years so I'm pretty used to it in various conditions. What I'm trying to accomplish is to make it a little more rain tolerable. For me its a pretty comfortable bike under most circumstances ( I just did two back to back 500 mile days).

Your welcome...

A bit more, I don't ride in the rain much unless I just happen to get caught out in it. But the CeeBailey was a high quality piece of equipment. Mine was "standard" height even though I'm a bit tall in the torso. (6'2", but with a 30 inch inseam, sort of like a gorilla...lol). Thought the airflow was really good for the size.

I'd also mention that the CeeBailey did not cause any wind related handling problems, unlike a few bar mounts I'd had on other machines back in the day.

Good luck!

I haven't been on R1150R.net in a long time. I'll go check it out again.
As you said, I don't ride in rain if I can avoid it; however, if I'm on a trip I can't avoid it.....like last week.

I have an R1150GS, similar lack of fairing to the naked R, I just installed an aeroflow half fairing, and WOW, what a difference, the bike is actually rid-able at 60mph and above now, I know your looking at a CalSci, but just wanted to give you feedback on the alternative.

I have an R1150GS, similar lack of fairing to the naked R, I just installed an aeroflow half fairing, and WOW, what a difference, the bike is actually rid-able at 60mph and above now, I know your looking at a CalSci, but just wanted to give you feedback on the alternative.

Thanks. I just looked at their website and it says brackets are currently unavailable. I don't know how they expect to sell fairings without brackets. Must be a tough business to be in. :dunno

Helen's 1150 has the CeeBaileys on the left here. In summer it's sporting the sport shield

The right 1150 was the BMW tall screen ( I think)

She added the rubber edging to help shed water to the sides and not over the top. It's not showed in this pic. I think this is a 20'' height
154781188_Uefcd-L.jpg

a shot with the edging on the CeeBailey's...she noticed big diff with it in place in rainy conditions
599050700_rjEhh-L.jpg

Steve,
Thanks for posting those pictures !
Those are exactly the same mounts that are on my RR. That helps clear up some questions. What was the source of the edging ?

Dennis

Back