• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Wave

100,000+ miler
I had a good smile today.

I made the round trip 450km trip to my dealer for the 20000 km service today. It was a few degrees above freezing when I set out at 0730, and about 10 C when I was headed home mid afternoon.

I took Highway 401, the busiest limited access highway in Canada, and only saw a couple of other bikes all day. About half way home, I could make out a bike in the oncoming lanes. It was back-lit, and a bit hard to make out but looked like it had the Harley bat-wing fairing. As he got near he gave a big enthusiastic wave, which I returned. When he was opposite me I could make out that it was an Ontario Provincial Police officer. Nice to see him out enjoying his job as the local riding season winds down.

... an Ontario Provincial Police officer. Nice to see him out enjoying his job as the local riding season winds down.

Rare, in my experience, to get an LEO to wave at you. Good on you!

Several years ago, in southern Idaho, I met a rider who STOOD UP on his pegs and wildly waved an arm straight over his head. Worried me at first, I thought he was in trouble, but when I got close enough to see his huge grin from ear to ear, I figured it was simply a enthusiastic guy out loving his ride and his day. It made my day to see it.

Rare, in my experience, to get an LEO to wave at you. Good on you!

Yep, I wave anyway. Sometimes they wave back, and sometimes you can tell they didn't remember they were on their work bike until halfway through the wave.

Back