• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Get the fuzzies out

gmr1200gsa

Serious Rider
Just did a ride for a week end to get the fuzzies out ...

day 1

Left home at 8:00 AM Saturday with 4 bikes, JB on his MV, Gra and Loraine on a Concourse, Steve on a Moto Guzzie and us on a K 1200GT. route took us to Highway 3 to Princeton and then on to Osoyoos for lunch. we left there and up the twisties on # 3 to Midway, this is a great piece of road. Crossed the border at Midway and then down US 21 to US 20 and over to Kettle Falls where we arrived at about 4:00 PM total distance was 370 miles (about). Have to say that US 20 there is just great I scraped my pegs on both sides .. HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Day 2

Left Kettle falls at about 8:00 AM and headed west on US 20 once again to do it backwards. I got a flat on the top, picked up a piece of glass. I tell you this the BMW repair kit is great .. gat me back to Republic where I filled up with air and carried on. We went down 21 again to a road that cuts off to Nespalem, it is Cash Creek road. YOU GOTTA DO THAT ONE, it is just so awesome, and once again I had it down to the pegs on both sides. The repair is still working and yes I broke all the rules about only doing 60 Km/hr .. more like 160 Km/hr. From Nespalem we went up 155 to Omak where we picked up 20 again into Twisp for gas and Winthrop for lunch at The Wild Duck where the Duck Quesada and the bear is great. from there on we did a so so ride back to home, great road but 2 problems: 1 - there is a police officer (SIR) who just loves to hand out tickets to Motorcycles, ( BE AWARE ), and 2 - there is too much traffic.

Other than that we had a great ride sorry no pictures we have some but they are too big to post.

Pictures

Ok so here I will try and post some though they are not that good ??????

The dreaded Hornet well an MV really

Attachments

• DSCN3234.JPG
    DSCN3234.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 48
More Pictures

The tire repair, this took 3 plugs from the BMW kit ... if you have to do this I suggest you give it time to set up before you hit it with the CO2 gas, about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• DSCN3242.JPG
    DSCN3242.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 44
More pictures

My wife and best friend Sue and the K1200GT, looking over Diablo Dam on High Way 20.

Attachments

• DSCN3244.JPG
    DSCN3244.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 44
One more

Our steeds .. the Guzzi, K1200GT and the MV, the wheel is a HD not ours.

Attachments

• DSCN3240.JPG
    DSCN3240.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 43
Hey Geoff!!

:clap V Cool ride,that GT,and the fast colour too I see!!

Mine is an 04,also in the fast colour.I am in Powell River.I know the country you are talking about...I see you are mostly a bunch of old guys;like me.Hope we will meet up one day.I use Pacific Yamaha BMW;you?

Back